We are less than a couple of weeks away from World Cup 2014 Finale.. So what is the total prize money and how it will be distributed, let’s take a look at Prize Money breakdown Distribution for FIFA World Cup 2014.
FIFA confirmed that total prize money is $576 million US dollars. Most of that money comes from TV Rights to the World Cup and sponsors revenue.
Prize Money breakdown Distribution
- The winning team will receive $35 million, the highest prize money in FIFA World Cup history – meaning the World Cup 2014 champion will get roughly 10% of the share.
- The runners up will take $25 million
- The third-placed nation will receive $20 million
- All of the 32 teams will receive $1.5 million each
- Group Stage 16 teams (Losers): $8m each
- Round of 16 (Losers): $9m each
- Quarter Finals (Losers): $14m each
- 4th-place team: $18m
- Insurance Money: $100m
- Fees to the clubs whose players play in World Cup: $70m